Tropical Nature: Advantages and disadvantages of plastic pots
- Author: Adam Floyd Jan 06, 2018,
Jan 06, 2018, 7:10
Advantages and disadvantages of using plastic pots to plant our plants. Photographs of some plants in these pots.
Tree of Abundance (Portulacaria afra) in plastic pot
Nowadays, pots that we can use for plant our plants are made with numerous materials. One of the most produced materials worldwide and even, cheaper on the market, is plastic. In this publication we share the advantages and disadvantages of this material for our plants.
Advantages and disadvantages of planting our plants in plastic pots - Plastic is a cheap material compared to earthenware and concrete vessels. In addition, the pots can be made using a mold and recycled plastic.
- This material prevents rapid loss of moisture from the substrate as opposed to clay. The plastic is ideal for plants that need the wet substrate and / or to avoid too continuous irrigation. These pots save us time and we have to water much less our plants.
- Plastic is more resistant to falls or any blow. This material is quite elastic preventing the pot from breaking easily. The clay and concrete vessels are very fragile if they receive any blows.More news: The house of Bernarda Alba in Madrid - Sep 2, 2017 8:00 PM | Eventful
- They can be used for all types of plants without exceptions.
- They are very easy to find at any point of sale or nursery because many companies are dedicated to their manufacture.
Collection of succulent plants grown in small plastic potsp> - There are many varieties of shapes, sizes and colors that we can choose to decorate our garden and / or terrace.
- Almost every plastic vessel in the home can be transformed into a pot. The plastic is easy to transform with the aid of scissors, heat sources, etc.
- One of the most serious disadvantages of this material is that if the pots are exposed to the intense sun they can burn and deform. In addition they transmit the heat to the roots of the plants causing irreparable damages or the death of these.
Fittonia and Begonia in plastic pots
- They are not as attractive as clay pots or concrete. Many people appreciate the pots of natural and non-synthetic materials.
As we can appreciate there are many more advantages than disadvantages of this material in the garden which indicates its effectiveness. Anyway, we do not mean that these pots are the best for plants; clay and concrete are also very efficient materials in the cultivation as well as other materials such as porcelain, wood and metal vessels. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages.