Cardboard Decorative Birdcage: 12 Steps (with Pictures)
- Author: Adam Floyd Dec 08, 2017,
Dec 08, 2017, 7:09
- 2 corrugated cardboard sheets (2mtrs x 1mtr)
- 3 Brown Paperboard sheets (1mtr x 0.7mtrs)
- 3 White Paperboard sheets (1mtr x 0.7
- 1 Micro patterned paperboard sheets (0.6 mtrs x 0.45 mtrs)
- 1 Micro-corrugated cardboard sheet (DID NOT USE IT BUT YOU CAN ADD IT IF YOU WAN
- 1 Cutting board (so your wife / husband / mom would get upset)
- Measure tape.
- White glue (I used white glue for wood but I glue the paperboard and recommend using spray adhesive)
About the reason why I chose different types of cardboard and paperboard is because every one of them has an attribute I will describe next, either way the colors
- Corrugated cardboard: This type of cardboard has the qualities that has structure, it stays plane, has an optimum thickness and it is not very heavy so you can use it to add structure and steadiness without adding much weight, you would not believe the kind of structure this cardboard can add to a project. The bad thing about it is that if you are not very careful you can step on it and it changes it's thickness, the appearance is not very pretty and it's difficult to cut straight because of the corrugated paperboard inside unless you cut it in parallel or perpendicular to the streaks.
Iñaki Azkargorta 25/04/2017 09:14 #shooting #Jaulas #suroestefilms 8 days left
- Brown Cardboard: This one when you glue it to the corrugated cardboard add more straightness and you do not have to deal with the lines of the face of the corrugated cardboard. The mix between brown paperboard and corrugated cardboard is great. it forms kind of a sandwich that works very well structurally.
- 2 Corrugated cardboard sheets (2mtrs x 1mtr)
- 3 sheets of brown cardboard (1mtr x 0.7mtrs) (1mtr x 0.7mtrs)
- 1 Red cardboard sheet with dot pattern (0.6 mtrs x 0.45mtrs)
- 1 Cutting of microcorrugated paperboard (I DO NOT USE IT BUT IT CAN BE USED TO DECORATE IT) mat (Not to disturb your wife / spouse / partner) -
- Rule to cut.
- Adhesive tape.
- White glue / white glue (I used glue for wood, but for the cardboard I recommend the adhesive spray) The reason I chose to use several types of cardboard is because each card has a quality that combined make very good things. The colors I used are because they are the colors of the wedding, if I had to choose I probably would not have used white cardboard because you have to be very careful not to stain it. Then the reasons: Corrugated cardboard: This cardboard has the quality that has structure, is flat, has an optimum thickness and is not very heavy so it you can use it for many purposes without adding much weight. The bad thing is that if you are not careful and you step it loses thickness and it deforms, in addition its appearance is not very pretty and it is difficult to cut unless you go in favor or perpendicular to the veins of this one
- Brown cardboard: This cardboard bonded to the corrugated cardboard adds much more firmness and you do not have to deal with the lines on the corrugated faces. The mixture between these two is very good for many things, they form a kind of sandwich that works very well structurally mind.More news: The Zen Birdfeeder: Young Birds