New York City truck attack: Federal Bureau of Investigation speaking with 2nd Uzbek man

The FBI is no longer seeking a second man in connection with the lower Manhattan truck assault that killed eight people, authorities said Wednesday.

The FBI released a wanted poster for Kadirov on Wednesday, but wasn't labeled as a suspect in the attack.

The president of Uzbekistan on Wednesday offered to help USA authorities in the investigation of the attack in NY where a truck driver, reportedly an Uzbek national, mowed down passersbys, killing eight.

Kadirov hails from the same country as Sayfullo Saipov, the 29-year-old ISIS loyalist who carried out Tuesday's attack.

More news: Kylie Jenner and Khloe Kardashian talk oral sex in SERIOUSLY crude clip

It's believed Saipov became radicalised into Islamic State ideology after settling in the U.S., however.

A photograph of Mukhammadzoir Kadirov was released on Wednesday and those with information urged to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Eight people died, and nine others were injured. They say he had been planning the attack for months.

A Reuters reporter found Saipov's family home in Tashkent, a grey one-storey house, but nobody answered the door on Wednesday and a neighbor said his parents had left earlier in the day. The person - who spoke to The AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation and its sensitive nature - said Kadirov called a community advocacy organization when he realized he knew Saipov.

Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

  • Adam Floyd