Netflix suspends production on 'House of Cards' final season
- Author: Carlos Nash Nov 02, 2017,
Nov 02, 2017, 0:12
"MRC and Netflix have made a decision to suspend production on "House of Cards" season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew", the statement read.
The International Emmy Founders Award, which was due to be presented to Spacey in a ceremony on 20 November, is a special award reserved for those "whose creative accomplishments have contributed in some way to the quality of global television production".
The young barman, who was 19 at the time, said he was sitting outside having a cigarette break when Spacey sat down next to him, flashed his privates and said: "It's big, isn't it?"
Spacey is being heavily criticised for the wording of his public apology issued on Twitter and accused of trying to deflect from the claims made against him by coming out as a gay man.
Although Montana, who was in his thirties at the time of the alleged incident, never saw Spacey again, the memory has lived on.
Montana said he made a decision to come forward after he read about Rapp's experience with Spacey.
The "Overnight" documentarian said he was ordering a drink at a bar in 2003 when Spacey put an arm around him and made a joke about the title of a movie he'd recently been in.
In light of Rapp's allegations, Netflix has suspended production of political drama, House of Cards, in which Spacey stars.More news: European Union leaders meeting in Brussels to issue statement on Iran nuclear deal
"I never talked to anyone about it except for therapists".
The "House of Cards" star - who, earlier this week, was accused by actor Anthony Rapp of making a sexual advance towards him when he was just 14 years old in 1986 - has been hit by a fresh wave of allegations that he flashed or tried to grope three guys, but had his advances spurned.
Hollywood's widening sexual harassment crisis has brought forth a second allegation against actor Kevin Spacey. I still feel what I felt then.
But John didn't believe anything sexual had taken place.
"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago". He wrote that he's had romantic relationships with both men and women in the past but is now living "as a gay man" and wanted to be honest so he could examine "my own behavior".
Meanwhile, the Old Vic, a London theatre where Spacey worked for 11 years, has set up a confidential complaints process for people involved with the theatre.
Cavazos claims Spacey would invite men to discuss their careers with him, but when they arrived at the theatre for these meetings, they found Spacey had assembled a picnic featuring a bottle of champagne. "It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn't happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard", he said. But Sony's TriStar Pictures, which is handling the release, has not commented further on Spacey's involvement, and it's unclear whether he will do any press for the film.