Corby set to leave Bali after 12 years

The 39-year-old, accompanied by her sister Mercedes, arrived in Brisbane on an Air Malindo flight that landed at 5.09am on Sunday.

Her case outraged many Australians, with some viewing her sentence as too harsh, and affected foreign relations between Australia and Indonesia.

"In the spirit of humility and in the spirit of dignity, we ask all parties to show respect for the family's privacy during this time".

Two convoys, followed by the media, left the airport, and took separate routes.

As usual, the media have not been welcomed by Mercedes Corby, Schapelle's sister, who has done everything in her power to get the media to leave them alone.

Corby was required, under regulations, to undergo a medical check before she leaves Bali.

Her first post was a photo of her dogs, Luna and May, which have become her constant companions since she was released from jail in February 2014. "Going to miss these two".

Plans are now being drawn up for tomorrow when Corby will report to her parole officers for one last time before being taken to the airport to be deported to Brisbane.

Australian Schapelle Corby will today finally return home from Bali 12 years after she was convicted of drug trafficking, in a long-awaited return that has triggered a media frenzy.

Soon after, section chief of Denpasar airport Hermansyah, confirmed Corby was already inside.

Australian drug convict Schapelle Corby, right, is escorted by police after reporting to a parole office before her expected deportation to Australia, in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia May 27, 2017.

Jostled in the crush, she held her handbag, emblazoned with the question "Where is William Tyrell", above her head as a private security detail shepherded her to a waiting auto.

Hundreds of police officers were deployed to assist with Corby's departure. His parents and members of the Where's William campaign believe he could still be alive.

More news: Water Crisis: Cape Town to introduce emergency water schemes

The head of Kuta police said he was taking measures to secure the streets around Schapelle Corby's Bali home ahead of her much-anticipated return to Australia today.

After signing the final paperwork, they left for the airport.

She said former AFP commissioner Mick Keelty, ex-Foreign Minister Alexander Downer and former Customs Minister Chris Ellison were complicit in covering up her innocence.

He was surrounded by a media pack when he emerged, and declared Corby fit.

There was a cacophony of shouted questions but no answers as Ms Corby pulled a scarf in front of her face and ducked her head before her auto and convoy inched out of the parole office compound and onto the road to Denpasar Airport.

Released from active supervision a few hours early, she would not be technically free until midnight, but no one was watching the clock.

Captain Sugriwa said the protection has been ordered by Bali's police chief to ensure a safe deportation of the Australian.

Mr Markson explained that Corby has created a "brand" for herself after nine years in Bali's Kerobokan Prison.

Corby was expected to board a Virgin flight out of Denpasar at around 10pm to Brisbane.

Corby, who created the Instagram account just five hours ago, has written four posts detailing her journey leaving Bali. Corby was not seen in either. If she got the death sentence she can not rehabilitate.

Schapelle Corby is being deported from Indonesia tomorrow and she's very nervous about coming home to Australia.

Indonesian authorities had warned Corby that any interview by her could breach her parole conditions, which stipulate she must not cause unrest.

  • Rita Burton